Saturday, November 06, 2010

Welcome Baby Talia!

Our little angel has arrived! Talia Evelyn Waite was born on October 31 (yes, Halloween of all days) at 1:05 a.m. She was 8 pounds even, 21 inches long, and as perfect as can be.  We are so excited to welcome our little girl into our family.  Here she is on her birthday (photo shoot in the family room later that morning):

Everything went great with the labor and delivery.  I had been having pretty strong, but irregular contractions all day long on Saturday.  They started coming more regularly at around 7:00 that night.  Since Halloween was on a Sunday this year, and we live in a predominately LDS community, most people celebrated the holiday on Saturday.  So, Jarett and I took Bryce and Ty trick-or-treating around the block, pausing for my contractions.  Then I went home to rest and pass out candy while the boys went a little further.  Here are my cute little trick-or-treaters, Buzz Lightyear and a pug dog, about 6 hours before they got the best treat of all...a little sister.



After trick-or-treating we went to my parents' house for a Halloween party that my mom and little sister threw for all of the grandkids.  They had a blast, while I continued working through contractions. We got home around 9:30, put the boys to bed, and then the fun really began. :)  At around 10:00 the contractions started getting stronger and closer together.  My midwife and her assistants arrived around 10:30, followed shortly thereafter by my mom and sister-in-law, Brooke.  Everyone (especially Jarett, as usual), was so much help during labor, keeping me as comfortable as possible, and encouraging me through contractions.  My sister Kayla made it just as I was pushing.  As always, all the pain was well worth it when, after only 3 hours of hard labor, I was holding my sweet baby in my arms. 

Here's Talia with my midwife, Cyndi.  She was awesome!

 Grandma Seely welcomes her 6th granddaughter, and 9th grandchild into the world.
Grandma Waite was excited to hold her 1st granddaughter, and 4th grandchild a few days after her birth.
Later that morning Talia was able to meet her big brothers. Bryce immediately gave her a hug and said "I love you so much Talia. We got your room decorated!" Ty was a little less accepting at first, but is doing much better now.




Talia has been such a good baby so far; and I'm having the time of my life dressing my little girl!  We are truly, truly blessed!



14 comments:

Rondo Family said...

Congratulations! She is adorable. And major props to the momma for trick-or-treating with the little guys while in labor! You are awesone:)

Abbie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is adorable! I wish I could come hang out with you and hold her and play with your boys.

Jenna, you are amazing! I love that you give birth at home.

Headle said...

Congratulations Jenna and Jarett!!!! She is BEAUTIFUL! What a wonderful surprise for us this morning, Dan and I are beyond excited for you!!!

Your boys are growing up to be so handsome. I'm a big fan of the boy-boy-girl combo. You are going to love it too! How FUN!

Jenna, you look incredible!!! (Well, that's because you are!) That is one very lucky little girl. You two are wonderful parents. We miss you!

Marisa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so glad that the labor and delivery went so well. Talia is a beautiful baby with a beautiful name. You all look so wonderful. I'm so happy for you!

Megan and Jeremy said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! Such a beautiful baby girl :) And she has so much hair-that's nice :) So how do you pronounce her name? I have a friend named Telia so I'm curious if it's pronounced the same. I hope you guys adjust well & I hope someday I can meet all your cute kids Jenna :)

Debbie said...

CONGRATULATIONS YOU GUYS!!! Oh my goodness, Jenna. She's a doll. And seriously, isn't it SO much fun to dress a little girl?! :) I'm so so happy for you. And you never cease to amaze me. I'm still so in awe of you giving birth at home. What an inspiration.
Congrats again and go get some sleep! :) LOVES!!!!

Jenna and Jarett said...

Actually, Talia is pronounced a little differently than Telia. The second letter is a short 'a', like in 'apple', the rest is pronounced the same as Telia.

We definitely need to have a "Heaven 11" reunion someday! I sure miss you girls, and I'm dying to meet all of your adorable kids as well!

Carrie said...

She is beautiful! congratulations!

Jennie said...

I can't believe you took your kids trick or treating while you were in labor. You are so amazing! What a cute baby girl.

Echolaylee said...

That's so exciting! Congrats. She's beautiful.

-Ang said...

Oh, guys! SOOooo happy for you, and can't wait to meet her in just a couple weeks!! REALLY looking forward to Thanksgiving! You're amazing Jenna and she IS beautiful!

Julie Smith said...

She is so beautiful! I am glad that all went well and that you now have your little princess.

Amy said...

Jenna, Jenna, Jenna! Congratulations!!! What a beautiful little lady to add to your collection of beautiful children.

Kristalee said...

What a beautiful baby. Congratulations!