Friday, March 19, 2010

The Prodigal Blogger

Well, I hope some of you will welcome me back into the blogging world even though I've been astray for so long.  I can't guarantee I'll be posting as often as I'd like, but I'll certainly try to not let another 15 months go by between posts (I'm pathetic, I know)!

Since my last post was about Ty's birth, I thought it would be fitting to start this one with his first birthday back in December.  It would be futile to even attempt to describe the joy our second little man has brought into our lives over the past year, so I'll just let the pictures show off his cuteness.

Of course the box is always much more fun than the toy, right?
You may be wondering why the cake looks almost as big as the 1-year-old.  Well, according to the CDC growth charts, Ty is very small for his age.  He's about the 5th percentile for height, and well below the chart lines for his weight.  He's just a tiny guy.
To say Ty enjoyed his cake would be a bit of an understatement.  When it was all said and done, I think he ended up eating 3 or 4 pieces.  We figured he needed the fattening up.
Bryce also had a birthday recently; he turned 3 in January. He's also been so much fun to watch grow up more and more this past year.  He's so full of energy and happiness--it's just so fun to see the little boy he's developing into.
Bryce is my little car boy--he loves trains, planes, helicopters, trucks, etc., but cars still win the most-played-with-toys award. So, when we asked Bryce what kind of a birthday cake he wanted, we weren't surprised when he requested a car cake.  I was busy making the birthday dinner all day, so Jarett was given the task of making the cake, and he created this masterpiece all by himself.  Impressed?  I sure was!
Some of my favorite moments throughout the day are watching my little guys playing together. I've been very impressed at what a good big brother Bryce is to Ty...he's generally willing to share toys and help Ty with whatever he needs.  And of course Ty adds much entertainment and happiness to Bryce's life as well.
For some odd reason, Bryce loves to check Ty's diapers for poops. 
Surprisingly, Ty always lets him.
One of Ty's favorite things to do is play in the sink. Some of his other favorites include chasing the kitties, reading books, playing outside (especially in the sandbox), cuddling, playing the piano and harp, and of course making lots and lots of messes.
 
One day when Jarett was getting ready for work, I caught Bryce in with him trying to shave.  My, they grow up so fast!
So, there's the long-overdue update of my 2 little ones.  Jarett and I are doing good as well.  Laser Mania had its best year ever last year, and we're working on opening a second location in Twin Falls, Idaho.  I'm still working 1 day a week at WIC while Jarett gets a daddy-day with the boys.  But most of my time is spent being a mommy--the best job on earth!  And now for the BIG NEWS...we're expecting our 3rd child at the end of October, which we're very excited about.  So life is good!  We love you all!

19 comments:

Alyosha said...

Oh prodigal blogger, I welcome you back with open arms! Your boys are darling and congratulations on baby three!

Carrie said...

congrats on expecting and your boys look adorable. What fun! I'm glad everything is going well.

Headle said...

CONGRATULATIONS JENNA!!! I'm SO SO excited for you!! AHH! YAY!!! You are sooo beautiful! I miss you!!!

These pictures made me so happy to see :) Look at your PRECIOUS boys! They are ADORABLE!!!

The one of Bryce checking Tye's diaper made me laugh out loud! Ha ha ha..what little CUTIES!

I LOVE this update!!! YAY! I'm really happy :)

Carlie said...

Congrats Jenna and Jarret! Your boys are so cute! Congrats on the success of the business!

Marisa said...

Yeah! It's so fun to read an update! Your boys are adorable! I'm glad they have so much fun together.
And congratulations on the upcoming baby! Yeah! That's wonderful. I look forward to more updates :-).

Alisha Green said...

Jenna! Long time no see! It was sooo fun reading up on what's going on with you guys though. You have the cutest family. Those boys are the most adorable brothers! How fun for you. Also CONGRATS on the next little one! Life truly is good isn't it? Anyway I'm just happy to hear that all is well. Take care! :)

Jennie said...

I love that first picture of Bryce with the razor. A cookie in one hand, the razor in the other (with his pinkie up), looking like he's been caught! Adorable.

Debbie said...

YEA!!! YOU'RE BACK! and YEA!!!! YOU'RE PREGNANT!!! Ack! How exciting!! :) I'm so happy for you! Wow. That's just so great! And the boys are getting so big and cute! Miss ya! Glad to get an update. ...FINALLY! :)

Bill and Kat said...

That was a great update with a big finish. Have you thought about writing a novel? Whatever you decide, keep us posted so we can share in your joy. Let us know if you need name ideas for baby #3. Congratulations! Uncle Bill and Aunt Kathy

D and Brit said...

Congrats Jenna! That's really exciting! Your boys are so cute!

bob said...

I'm glad to see your blogging again!

Congrats on numero tres! That's very exciting!

-bob

-Ang said...

I'm overdue for an update too, but Skylar just had his 1st birthday Fri. (the day you posted),so I now have a good reason to post :).
Ty and Sky have got to get together sometime -I bet they'd have a blast!
Major CONGRATS on expecting #3! And you think you don't have time for blogging NOW -just wait :D!
Wonderful to hear you guys are doing well!
Love yas!
-Ang and the Groke gang :)

Abbie said...

You're back! YAYAY!!! Congratulations on baby number three! (another homebirth, I hope? We'll need to chat when our baby number three comes in a long time:) Your boys are so stinkin' CUTE!!! The diaper check picture is my favorite. Oh, these babes! Love them!

Bonnie and Mark said...

What cute, cute little boys! And very lucky to blessed with awesome parents and lots of extended family who love them:-) Exciting news that #3 is on his/her(?) way. Congratulations!!

Megan and Jeremy said...

Welcome back Jenna :) Your boys are adorable!!! And it looks like they are such great friends already, how fun is that? So baby #3!!! That is so exciting Jenna-you can just see & tell how much you love being a Mommy :) You have to keep all your fans updated on the gender when you find (if you're finding out?)
Thanks for updating!

Amy said...

I love your updates, however periodic they may be :) Congratulations on #3. Wow. What a beautiful family!

Kristalyn said...

Yay! Welcome back to the blogging world. I'm not the best at staying current, but it's fun to try!

Your boys are so cute. My husband started making the b-day cake for my son's b-days and now he enjoys trying to out-do himself every year. I have no complaints there!

COngratulations on the upcoming new addition. I can't wait to hear what you are having.

Keep those adorable pictures coming!

Carolyn said...

Jenna! I'm so happy I found you! I was going through boxes of old stuff and I found your wedding invitation, which prompted my search. It's so fun to see your little family on your blog. What adorable little boys! I hope you're doing well. I'd love to hear from you.

Marlo said...

Congrats on the pregnancy. Your boys are adorable.