Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Well folks, he's finally here! Bryce William Waite was born on Wednesday, January 17 at 7:19 a.m. He weighed 7 lb. 5 oz. and was just under 20 inches long. Isn't he a cutie!?


I began having regular contractions around 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday the 16th (Bryce's due date). We went to the hospital at 10:00 p.m. and were admited right away because my water had broke. My contractions came every 1 to 2 minutes apart throughout the entire night, and Bryce finally decided to enter the world the next morning. Labor was definitely intense and more pain than I ever imagined it would be! It was no picnic for Jarett either--he spent the night pushing on pressure points and helping me relax and breath through each contraction. But although it was difficult, the labor brought us a perfect, healthy little baby, so it was well worth the effort!


Here are the proud parents holding their new little one just before coming home from the hospital.


Bryce seemed to enjoy his first bath. Granted, he slept most of the way through it!



Jarett set up his photography equipment at my parent's house, and we had a mini photo-shoot when Bryce was just 4 days old. The first picture is of Bryce with all of his cousins. He's the first grandson on my side, and the first grandchild at all on Jarett's side. The other pictures, of course, are of our happy little family!
So, that's the latest! We're so excited to have Bryce as a part of our family. There's nothing like holding your very own child in your arms. He's certainly a little miracle, and we're so blessed to have him in our lives! We love you all, and hope all is well with you! Feel free to drop by for a visit anytime--I'll even let you hold the baby!

12 comments:

Megan and Jeremy said...

Jenna!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!! I have been checking your blog every day for the last two weeks knowing little Bryce would be here soon. He is sooo handsome! I am so excited for you guys! I'm glad everything went well with the labor and you look great! I agree they are little miracles.
I need your address when you get a chance email me =]
Have fun being a mommy!!!

Abbie said...

Congratulation! I'm so excited for you three. He is adorable! I wish I could cuddle with him. Good work!

Love you to the moon,

Abbie

Anonymous said...

Babies are pretty awesome. I especially like the shirt with cars on it. Congratulations! It's true, holding a new baby is one of the best things.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, very cute!! -Hans

Shewi128 said...

Congratulations! And you look great for only having had the baby less than 2 weeks ago!

Bryce is adorable. :)

Headle said...

What an angel boy!! Where does his handsome tan come from?? Those pictures are gorgeous. Dan and I couldn't be happier for you two, I mean THREE!!!
We love you all so much! We can't wait to hold little Bryce and see you all again!
Love,
Heather, Dan, Drew and Forrest

Anonymous said...

Hi, Your pictures and Web site is so cute. I'm so glad you shared it with me. Gloria

Megan and Jeremy said...

Oh yeah, and I LOVE the yawn picture! So cute!

Abbie said...

more pictures pleeeeeaaaase!

Anonymous said...

Jenna, Congratulatins!!
I didn't know that how can write comment here...I'm late, sorry.
Your baby is really cute and handsome~! You might be so proud oh him.
I told this happy message to Stauffer, Sorenson, Bro. Choi, and Many Korean return missionary.

They were exciting about your baby~
Take care and happy with 3 members of family~

love ya....


Seunh-hee

Kristalyn said...

DId you have an epidural? If not, you are amazing! You guys are a beautiful family!

sheila said...

Hi Jenna, this is Sheila Basso- now Sheila Rich. I got your blog through Shayla Wells. I knew you had a baby, but never saw pictures. He is so adorable. I loved your pictures. We also have a blog if you get bored check it out- sheilarich.blogspot.com
aloha